AS-12 Dura Markers
High performance material with excellent resistance in indoor and outdoor conditions. Recommended in environments which are highly exposed to sunlight, difficult weather conditions and chemicals. Suitable for applications in marine and offshore environments, as well as for food processing, chemicals and pharmaceutical industry. Does not require surface preparation and can be reused after removing.
|Service temperature||-40°C to 130°C|
|Mounting method||Pre-coiled, self-bonding|
|Sea water resistance||Yes|
|Reuse after removing||Yes|
|Service lifetime*||5-10 years|
* The actual lifetime of the markers depends on the particular conditions of use. Please contact our specialists for more information.
- excellent durability and long service life
- precoiled for easier installation
- no surface preparation required
- can be reused
- no minimum quantity
- custom production with any texts and graphics
Dura Markers ara available in various colours and sizes. They can be customised according to the customer's needs.
Installation does not require any surface preparation, because Dura Marekers bond only to themselves, not the pipe.
Design and dimensions
A-SPE Pipemarking Tapes and Markers can be produced in accordance to the particular requirements of our customers. According to the request they can be designed to comply with one of the following regulations:
- ISO 14726:2008
- BS-1710 / BS-4800
- ANSI/ASME A13-1
A-SPE Tapes and Markers can be printed in any language based on the translation provided by the customer.
Each pipe marker is dedicated for particular pipe diameter. Below table shows recommended markers dimensions for most popular nominal pipe sizes. Adjusted marker length is always followed by suitable font and arrow size.
Below sizes consider minimum 30mm overlap, however they do not consider any additional pipe coatings like insulations etc. The information about insulation thickness or other coating should be provided with other details necessary for the quotation.
|DN - Nominal Pipe Diameter||Pipe Diameter (inch)||Length of the marker (mm)||Letter height (mm)||Arrow hieght (mm)|
Important: During application the tape should overlap 2-3 cm
According to the ISO 14726:2008 regulation the following advises shall be considered during the pipe markers and tapes installation:
- The markers should be installed within a distance of 3-5 meters of the length of the horizontal and straight pipelines, whereby the local conditions may require a more frequent marking due to pipe bends or the close proximity of pipes for different services.
- In case of the system valves the markers should be installed in a distance of approximately 75mm from the corresponding flange.
- The markers should appear at each penetration point in bulkheads, walls or decks.
- In areas with the piping system junctions the markers should be installed on each side of the junction.
- In case of the vertical piping system the markers should be applied on height of approximately 170cm to ensure good visibility at eye level of the observing persons.
The exact estimation of the amount of markers and installation points is determined during the material take-off process. A-SPE specialists can offer you a professional consulting on base of the provided pipe lines schemes and detailed specification.
Basic identification tapes (acc. to ISO 14726:2008):
|Waste media a||
Black (RAL 9005, HKS 88 K)
Blue (RAL 5015)
Brown (RAL 8001)
|Sea Water b||
Green (RAL 6018)
Grey (RAL 7001)
|Air and sounding pipes||
Maroon (RAL 8015, HKS 18 K)
|Oil other than fuels||
Orange (RAL 2003)
Silver (RAL 9006)
Red (RAL 3000, HKS 15 K)
|Acids & Alkalis||
Violet (RAL 4001, HKS 34 K)
|Air in ventilation systems||
White (RAL 9010)
Yellow-ochre (RAL 1021, HKS 4 K)
|Flow direction marking||SC30||47.521.30||33.2130|
a Examples: black water, grey water, waste oil, exhaust gas.
b For ships with mixed navigation (sea-river) ships: all outside waters.
Multi-colour permutations (acc. to ISO 14726:2008):
|Description||Colour identification||Ordering code|
|Waste oil / Used oil||
|Sewage - contaminated||MC40‑51|
|Fresh water, sanitary||MC41‑42|
|Gas turbine wash water||MC41‑46|
|Cooling fresh water||MC41‑49|
|Sea water, sanitary||MC43‑42|
|Cooling sea water||MC43‑51|
|Heavy fuel oil (HFO)||MC42‑40|
|Marine diesel fuel (MDO)||MC42‑51|
|Compressed air LP (low pressure)||MC44‑46|
|Compressed air HP (high pressure)||MC44‑48|
|Control air / Regulating air||MC44‑49|
|Description||Colour identification||Ordering code|
|Air and sounding pipes||SC45|
|Oil other than fuels||MC45‑46|
|Oil other than fuels||SC46|
|Lubricaition oil for gas turbines||MC46‑43|
|Lubricaition oil for steam turbines||MC46‑47|
|Lubricaition oil for gears||MC46‑49|
|Lubrication oil for int. combustion engines||MC46‑51|
|Steam for heating purposes||MC47‑40|
|Acids & Alkalis||SC49|
|Air in ventilation systems||SC50|
|Mechanical supply air - cold||MC50‑41|
|Natural exhaust air||MC50‑42|
|Mechanical exhaust air||MC50‑44|
|Decontaminated supply air||MC50‑45|
|Mechanical recirculated air||MC50‑46|
|Mechanical supply air - warm||MC50‑47|
|Conditioned supply air||MC50‑49|
|Natural supply air||MC50‑51|
|Fire fighting / Fire protection||SC48|
* Intended for use in submarines for distribution systems used for breathing air from cylinders.